- Dark chocolate contains far less sugar than milk chocolate. A 100g bar of Green & Black's 70% Dark Chocolate contains 28.5g of sugar (Green & Black's 85% Dark Chocolate contains just 13.5g) whilst Cadbury's Dairy Milk contains 56.0g of sugar!
- Dark chocolate contains antioxidants which support your immune system and prevent damage to cells
- Dark chocolate contains theobromine which has been proven to harden tooth enamel
- Theobromine also acts as a vasodilator, widening blood vessels and lowering blood pressure
- Dark chocolate contains good levels of magnesium, a mineral which many of us are deficient in. Signs of magnesium deficiency include muscle cramps and insomnia
- Dark chocolate also contains good levels of iron, which the body uses to transport oxygen around the body
- Dark chocolate encourages the growth of good bacteria in the gut.
Why you should switch to dark chocolate this Easter
Comments powered by Disqus