What counselling is not
Remember, it’s not possible for a counsellor to change you or your life if you are not ready or willing to engage in the process. If you do go ahead, at least you will be more informed by the following information.
· Isn’t designed to give advice or recommend what to do
· It doesn’t attempt to solve your problems
· It doesn’t offer instant solutions
· It cannot be a friendship
· It shouldn’t provide an emotional crutch
· Counsellors do not get personally, emotionally or physically involved
· They should not be judgemental or defensive
· And finally…… it’s not a quick fix
I hope that breaking down these points is useful if you are embarking or considering taking part in a journey of personal discovery.
If you want to find out more about counselling why not call Deborah on 07870 127650 or email her email@example.com or visit her website
Comments powered by Disqus