- 40g jumbo oats
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 2/3 cup almond or other nut milk, or a combination of nut milk and water
- 2 tsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 handfuls of frozen raspberries
- Put the oats in a small pan then pour over the milk, or the combination of milk and water.
- Cook over a medium high heat. Once it starts to bubble, turn the heat down.
- Mix in the mashed banana, cacao powder and coconut oil. Cook for 3 minutes, then add in the frozen raspberries
- Allow the porridge to simmer for 5 minutes or until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Top with a handful of raw nuts (walnuts, brazil nuts, pecans)
Deliciously Ella’s Banana pancakes
- 1 cup of oats
- 2/3 of a cup of ground almonds
- 1 cup of water
- ¼ of a cup of ground flaxseed
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons of either pure maple syrup, raw honey or raw agave
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- a pinch of sea salt
- coconut oil for cooking
- Start by placing the oats into a food processor, blend for about a minute or two until they form a smooth dusty flour.
- Slice the bananas, adding them and the remaining ingredients into the processor with the oats – blend until a smooth mixture forms. The mix should turn out nice and quite thick, not too runny.
- Place a small frying pan on the heat for a minute or two, once it is really hot add a teaspoon of coconut oil to the pan and allow it to melt. When it has melted add a quarter of the mix to the middle of the saucepan, using your spoon to shape it into a pancake.
- After about a minute check the bottom of the pancake, if it’s cooked then flip it over and allow the other side to cook for another minute. Then remove the pancake, add another teaspoon of coconut oil and go again!
- Cover the stack with blueberries, chopped nuts, strawberries, blueberries and live plain yoghurt and serve!