Rafal Gierula, BSc (Hons), Lic Ac, MBAcC
Specialism: Acupuncture TherapyI have a background in professional disability support and qualified as an acupuncturist from the College of Integrated Chinese Medicine with a corresponding Bachelor of Science degree from Kingston University.
In my practice, I use two distinctive styles of acupuncture: Five Element Constitutional Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) based on the Yin/Yang theory currently used in Chinese hospitals. Both styles draw upon the fundamental concepts of Chinese Medicine and each has a different emphasis.
Every treatment is tailored to a patient’s individual needs and is aimed at remedying the root cause of the condition as well as its symptoms. This approach ensures that the patient’s problem is resolved, but also aims to enhance overall health, stamina and wellbeing.
Acupuncture helps alleviate the symptoms of a wide range of conditions:
- Mental Health: Stress, anxiety, depression, insomnia, Bi-polar disorder, fatigue, emotional instability (anger/irritability, frustration, worry)
- Addictions: Smoking, alcohol.
- Allergies: Hay fever.
- Neurological: Headaches, migraines, memory disorders, sciatica, MS, ALS, stroke, dizziness, peripheral neuropathy, chronic fatigue syndrome, pain management, Parkinson’s
- Gastrointestinal: Abdominal pain, diabetes, IBS, Crohn’s, nausea, diarrhoea, constipation, reflux/heartburn, gastritis.
- Hormonal: Menopause, conception
- Musculo-skeletal: symptoms of arthritis, neck, shoulder, knee and hip pain, low back pain, carpal tunnel, plantar fasciitis, fibromyalgia
- Dermatological: Acne, eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis
- Cosmetic: Facial rejuvenation
Alongside acupuncture, I also use other non-needling techniques such as:
- Moxibustion: heat is applied to an acupuncture point or meridian using moxa (a therapeutic herb) and/or heat lamps to warm and relax muscles and to promote unconstrained the flow of body energy.
- Tuina: Chinese therapeutic massage relieves muscle tension, stimulates acupressure points, opens energy meridians and stimulate the blood flow to the treated body area.
- Cupping: glass cups with a vacuum seal are placed on the skin to stimulate blood flow and clear stagnantion.
- Guasha: vigorous rubbing of the skin increases blood flow and oxygen supply to the muscles.
I have special interests in managing complex medical issues such as psycho-emotional imbalance (e.g. depression, anxiety, stress, and insomnia) as well as in helping treat infertility in both women and men.
In addition, I am a team member of MOSAIC, an NHS run health service provider in Nottingham specialised in assessing and managing a range of musculoskeletal and non-musculoskeletal conditions.
As a member of the British Acupuncture Council (BAcC) I am bound by strict Codes of Practice. These codes ensure that patients receive the highest standards of professional care during their acupuncture treatment.
Feel free to contact me, I look forward to helping you!
- Telephone: 07944 848 953
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org