What is Pregnancy Massage?
Pregnancy massage can form an essential part of woman’s pre- and post-natal care. Pregnancy massage is effective in relieving pain such as back pain, in boosting energy levels and in enhancing well-being.
Meet the Therapist(s)
T: Ealing 020 3757 6544, Uxbridge 01895 2000 50
Read more about what and how we treat on our blog
- How a regular massage can help maintain health-related goals
- Use massage therapy to fight off the negative effects that cold weather brings
- Should Doctors prescribe gentle massage to augment more traditional hospital treatments?
- The benefits of massage for Stress
- How Massage can support the Immune System
- Tui na Massage
Pregnancy Massage Techniques
The most obvious differences between a pregnancy massage and a normal relaxation massage is positioning especially during the last few months of the pregnancy. Pregnancy massage is usually performed lying on the side or seated and supported with cushions and pillows.
We will also advise about what you can do at home to improve comfort including the use of cushions and pillows to support painful areas, posture, breathing techniques and appropriate exercises.
We have selected the exercises we most frequently advise our patients to do and turned them into short video clips.
What to expect when you visit Bridge to Health
Read an overview of what to expect when visiting an osteopath here, and about other patients’ success on our testimonials page.
Conditions for which we Recommend Pregnancy Massage
Pregnancy massage can help with aches and pains and discomfort women may suffer from during pregnancy, including:
- Aching backs and shoulders
- Muscle cramps
- Swelling around ankles and other joints
- Morning sickness and nausea
- Shortness of breath
- Heartburn, indigestion and constipation
- Stretch marks
- Varicose veins
- Piriformis syndrome
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
Pregnancy Massage Benefits
The benefits of pregnancy massage include:
- Pain relief
- Relief of discomfort associated with pregnancy such as nausea and constipation
- Stress relief and relaxation
- Reduction of stretch marks
- Reduction of scar tissue
- Can acupuncture help male fertility?
Acupuncturist Jackie Graham explains how acupuncture can help male fertility Read more
- Managing your Menopause Naturally Workshop 2nd February
Bridge to Health are proud to sponsor this all day Managing your Menopause Naturally Workshop on Saturday… Read more