What is Swedish / Relaxation Massage?
Swedish/ relaxation massage is a gentle form of all-body massage whose primary purpose is the relaxation of body and mind. In Swedish/ relaxation massage we use long gliding strokes applying light to medium pressure in the direction of the blood returning to the heart. This slows down the heart rate and allows increased relaxation and an improved sense of well-being.
Read more about what and how we treat on our blog
- Where does therapeutic massage fit in a long-term program of health improvement?
- How a regular massage can help maintain health-related goals
- Use massage therapy to fight off the negative effects that cold weather brings
- Should Doctors prescribe gentle massage to augment more traditional hospital treatments?
- The benefits of massage for Stress
- How Massage can support the Immune System
Conditions for which we Recommend Swedish/Relaxation Massage
Swedish/ relaxation massage has proven effective in helping treat muscle aches and pains, headaches and migraines, irritable bowel syndrome, poor circulation, low immunity and stress and depression.
We have selected the exercises we most frequently advise our patients to do and turned them into short video clips.
What our Patients say:
“I have had massages from many different therapists over the years, but 5 gold stars to Jo Thorp. She is the best! Jo has that special gift of being able to tune in and diagnose trouble spots, even…
Lorna Read Read more from Lorna here >
What to expect when you visit Bridge to Health
Read an overview of what to expect when visiting an osteopath here, and about other patients’ success on our testimonials page.